2014 SCHOOL BACKPACK DRIVE
Neighbor Network's goal to provide under privileged children with a brand new backpack filled with lots of shiny and colorful new supplies. What a great way to begin a new school year! Arriving to school prepared will certainly help to make these children more confident and eager to jump into learning. Knowledge is power and we wish all of our youth to have the opportunity to reach for the stars through education. Last year, Neighbor Network provided 112 fully stocked backpacks to low income families.
Each backpack will be filled with the following items. Donations of any item or amount are greatly appreciated.
- School Supplies List
- (1)-Pencil case (plastic box or canvas/fabric with zipper)
- (5)-Black or blue pens
- (4)-Pencil top erasers
- (1)-Pencil sharpener
- (1)-pkg #2 pencils (8, 10 or 12 pk)
- (1)-Pink eraser
- (1)-pkg Colored pencils (8, 10, or 12 pk)
- (1)-box Crayons (24 pk)
- (2)-Glue sticks
- (1)-pkg Magic markers (8-10 pk)
- (1)-2 inch (3-ring binder)
- (3) Spiral notebooks (1 subject)
- (3) Marble composition books
- (3)-pkg notebook paper (college or wide)
- (3)-pocket folders (with fasteners to hold paper)
DROP OFF Locations & Dates
August 1-16, 2014 @ Still Point Spa in Clarksville (12451 Clarksville Pike (Rt 108) Clarksville, MD 21029. (Located across from St. Louis Church) # 410-531-3245 (Spa hours: Mon-Fri 10-6:30pm; Sat 8-6:30pm; Sun 9-5:30pm). A drop off box will be placed in the lobby for your convenience. Make time to pamper yourself, while you're there!
August 9-16, 2014 @ 4609 Linthicum Road Dayton, MD 21036. Please call, text or email me to let me know the date and time that is convenient for you to drop off your donation (#443-506-7394 or email@example.com).
Help shop for supplies on Sun 8/17/14. Help sort & pack school supplies on Mon 8/18/14. Drivers also needed to assist with delivery of backpacks to agencies on Tues.8/19- Thurs. 8/21. (Dates may be subject to change).
THANKSGIVING BASKET and CHRISTMAS ADOPT-A-FAMILY PROGRAM
It's the time of year we begin looking ahead towards our busiest season of the year, the holidays with the Thanksgiving Baskets Program and the Christmas Adopt A Family Progam. The holidays seem far off, but as we all know they come quickly. These last two years have been especially hard with the economy putting a strain on so many families, both donors and recipients. Neighbor Network is preparing for the upcoming holidays and is seeking your assistance if you are interested in participating.
Thanksgiving Basket Program:
Donations of a traditional Thanksgiving meal (For example: Yams, stuffing, corn, greenbeans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, pumpkin/other pie or dessert, gift certificates to Giant/Food Lion/Safeway for purchase of a turkey/ham, etc.)
Items to be dropped off at designated drop off site, (unless you wish to deliver your basket) Please Note: permission to deliver must be granted by the receiving family)
Donations of specific items or an entire meal are greatly appeciated.
Needs: Drivers to assist with transporting the baskets to the families.
Adopt A Family:
This program provides gifts to families for the Christmas season. There are several ways you can volunteer:
1. Purchase one or several gifts from a Wish List that will be posted in an email. Items purchased should be wrapped and labeled with recipients name/family letter (this info will be provided). The designated drop off site will be provided at a later time.
2. Adopt an entire family. This is a great idea for a group project (neighborhoods, companies, sports teams, community groups, churches, etc.). Drop off location will be provided at a later time.
3. Purchase gift cards (Target, Walmart, Giant, Safeway, Food Lion). Gift cards make the best gifts as they provide families the opportunity to purchase things for themselves. They can be mailed to: Neighbor Network P.O. Box 66 Dayton, MD 21036 or dropped off at designated site, TBA.
4. Drivers needed to help transport gifts to families
SCHOOL BACKPACK COLLECTION
The goal of this program is to provde a fully stocked backpack to children of low income famiilies before the first day of school. Thank you to all those who so generously donated school supplies and backpacks to our School Backpack Drive. We were able to provide a total of 65 fully stocked backpacks to children in Howard County, Montgomery County, and Baltimore City. What a wonderful way for a child to begin a new school year. A brand new backpack filled with lots of shiny and colorful new supplies will certainly help to make these children more confident and eager to jump into learning. Knowledge is power and we wish all of our youth to have the opportunity to reach for the stars through education.